Shipping and returns FAQ
We have appointed Convelio as our fine art shipping partner.
Convelio is a tech-enabled fine art shipping company and their approach is simple: to bring technology, efficiency and transparency to the industry. With offices in New York, London and Paris, their teams take care of the full shipping process from collection to delivery.
Once you have purchased an artwork, the steps of your artwork shipment will follow the below journey:
- Booking - We will take care of booking your shipment
- Organising - A local team will contact you directly to organise a date and time-slot for the pickup
- Van Transport - We will soft-pack, pickup, and transport the artworks using a network of specialised vans
- Custom Crating - If the artwork requires it, a team of experts will build a custom, ISPM-15 standard wood crate adapted to the pieces' specificities
- Freight - The artwork is shipped via air or sea freight
Customs Clearance - A team of licensed customs brokers will manage customs clearance
Delivery - A network of trusted specialised vans will perform the final delivery
Once the order is placed, artists usually take 1-5 days to pack up the artwork and get it ready for shipping.
ARTXIT then arranges for it to be shipped to you. Shipping times can be between 15-25 days depending on your and the artist's location.
If you need an artwork to be sent express or before a specific date - just get in touch with us at email@example.com so we can walk you through available express shipping options and arrange it for you.
- Regular Speed: Convelio’s standard speed option.
- Express: After Convelio’s standard service pick up and packing, goods will take a priority flight and be delivered in a shorter time frame than our Regular Speed service.
- Express +: Convelio will send a dedicated van to pick up and pack goods, goods will then be placed on a priority flight and delivered as quickly as possible.
- Curbside delivery: Convelio drivers will unload the items and deliver them in front of the building at the scheduled time.
- White glove delivery: Convelio drivers will unload, unpack, check and place in the chosen room at the scheduled time (this excludes the hanging and assembling of items).
Shipping amount varies based on your and the artist's location (the artwork is generally directly picked up at the artist's studio), is calculated at checkout and added to the total (this includes insurance against loss and damage).
Import duties and taxes vary based on country's policies and the cost of the artwork. The receiver will be responsible for the international custom/import fees and taxes which vary with every country. Please check with your country's customs offices and consider the additional costs that might be involved.
Any questions - do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You and the artwork you’ve purchased (and the artist) are 100% insured against any damage or loss during transit.
If an artwork is delivered damaged, just send us an email email@example.com with details and a few photos of the damage. We will request an investigation of the incident and Convelio will personally take care of the entire claim process.